Thursday 15 May 2008

First blog... Really felt a part of the company I joined at the end of January, for the first time this week. Just taken time to get used to the culture change I suppose. Having come out of 7 years driven by the demands of a global Japanese corporation the expectations of a global French operation are well... different. Toughest thing to get used to is having more time and a far slower pace... It's great, I think!Spent most of today recruiting for a sales vacancy. This is the third day of interviews and have seen some interesting candidates. It's a fairly complex process these days needing to balance team dynamics, ability to do the job and staying this side of legislation that appears to change on a daily basis. Have shortlisted a 53 year old bloke and a 27 year old girl... so they can't say I am not complying with the diversity stuff!
Spent a couple of hours in the early evening with Andrew, one of the ministers at our church going over planning for training courses over the next few months. He has a fabulous sense of humour... I look forward to time with him and know I will always leave our meetings with a smile on my face.Typing this whilst watching a terrific DVD called 'into the wild' directed by Shaun Penn... well worth a look.

No comments: